Pumpkin Oatmeal is THE bomb! 😋😋😋
It is definitely one of my favorite breakfasts, right next to Avocado Toast with Goat Cheese and Strawberries, Sweet Potato Hash with Bacon & Brussels Sprouts, Quinoa Oatmeal and Creamy Scrambled Eggs with Scallions.
Pumpkin oatmeal takes no longer than 10 minutes to make. It’s packed with protein and fiber and that is exactly what we need to start the day off right!
I cook my old fashioned oats in water first. I find it easier since cooking it with milk often ends up with a burnt bottom.
Once all the water is absorbed, I start adding my fixings: pureed pumpkin, milk, protein powder, coconut flakes, or whatever else I feel like having that day.
It may be nuts, raisins, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax meal, or cranberries, or who know what else… 🙂
The possibilities are endless.
Pumpkin Oatmeal is delicious on its own, but I also like to top it with fruit to make it even better.
I like to add a drizzle of agave or honey over top of my Pumpkin Oatmeal for sweetness. Instead of mixing agave or honey into the oatmeal, I like to drizzle it over top. Just a little drizzle!
I am so glad my son has joined me in the love for Pumpkin Oatmeal! ❤️
As Always, Eat Well, Spend Wisely!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 scoop protein powder
- 1/3 cup nuts of choice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- agave or honey, drizzle over top
- fruit of choice over top
- Cook oats in water.
- When all the water is absorbed, add pumpkin, then milk.
- Continue to cook on low heat and add all fixings.
- You don't have to stick to this recipe!
- Add whatever you like to your oatmeal! Consider: flax seeds or flax meal, chia seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, raisins, cranberries or any nuts.