Lemon Almond Ricotta Cake is a perfect combination of cake and cheesecake.
The texture may be a little surprising if you are expecting cake… It’s more like cheesecake, really, but not as fluffy. Instead, it’s dense, yet very moist and crumbly. You can definitely taste the lemon, which pairs beautifully with almonds and ricotta cheese.
Lemon Almond Ricotta Cake is made with almond flour, which makes the cake 100% Gluten-Free!
It literally takes 10 minutes (not including baking time, of course) to make this Lemon Almond Ricotta Cake!
I grew up in Poland on Farmer’s cheese based cheesecakes, and this Lemon Almond Ricotta Cake is very similar in texture.
When I served this Lemon Almond Ricotta Cake to some of my guests, I found it interesting that none of my guests picked up on the Ricotta in the cake. All they knew was that there was something in the cake that made the cake very moist. Well, it was the Ricotta and combined with almond meal, made the cake nice and crumbly.
Unlike cheesecake, this Lemon Almond Ricotta Cake can be served warm!
I prefer mine cold, though…
Either way, cold or warm, Lemon Almond Ricotta Cake makes a perfect addition to a cup of tea or coffee. It’s perfect for a weekend brunch, dessert on any day, or a tea party with your girls.
As Always, Eat Well, Spend Wisely!
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lemon zest (2 large lemons)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 eggs, at room temperature, separated
- 2 cups almond meal
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- sliced almonds, for topping
- confectioners sugar, for dusting
- Line springform pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest in an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add lemon juice, and mix well.
- Add egg yolks one at the time, beating well each time to ensure the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Fold the ricotta cheese and then the almond meal.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites until stiff, then gently fold into ricotta mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan, smooth and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 325 F. Turn the oven up to 400F and bake for another 10 min until the top of the cake is browned.
- Take out of oven and leave to cool off.
- Dust with confectioners sugar and serve.
- This Lemon Almond Ricotta Cake can be made with coconut flour!