Gluten-Free Pumpkin Granola happily pushes over any other granola in the Fall! At least in my house…
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Granola is a must have in the Fall!
My house is screaming ALL THINGS PUMPKIN for 2 months out of the whole year! By the time the majestically colorful Fall is over and when all the carved pumpkins are rotten enough to finally end up in the garbage, I am done! Pumpkin out! In every form!
I’ve also baked Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Whoopie Pies as my kids adore those.
I am looking forward to surprising my family for Thanksgiving with Gluten-Free Pumpkin Roll, Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookies and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie. We will be traveling for Thanksgiving this year, a long 700 miles. Otherwise, I would’ve made Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake as well…
But, let’s get back to my beloved Pumpkin Granola! Gluten-Free Pumpkin Granola, because there is nothing glutenous about it! Just pure goodness!
I use Gluten-Free old fashioned oats as a base, set the tone with a lot of pumpkin seeds and almonds and make it interesting with some add-ons like: unsweetened coconut, sesame seeds, cinnamon and pumpkin spice.
For sweetness, I use 1/3 cup brown sugar, as well as 1/3 cup maple sugar or honey.
I like to combine the maple sugar or honey with melted coconut oil and then whisk that in to eggwites mixed with pumpkin puree.
I think that amount of sugar makes the granola plenty sweet, but that’s me. Everybody’s taste is different…
I use a large mixing bowl for combining all the dry ingredients and then pour the wet mixture over it and stir until all is well combined.
I bake my Gluten-Free Pumpkin Granola for 45 minutes at 325ºF. That allows the wet ingredients bake into the dry ingredients and stick together. I stir every 15 minutes to prevent edges from burning.
Cranberries are NOT to be baked! You don’t want them hard!
I add dried cranberries after my granola is baked, but still hot!
I transfer my Gluten-Free Pumpkin Granola into a glass storage jar when it’s completely cooled.
A glass of hot milk over a bowl of heavenly smelling Gluten-Free Pumpkin Granola and you have a delicious and nutritious breakfast! Simple, yet so satisfying!
I also like my Gluten-Free Pumpkin Granola with yogurt. Like… anytime! Breakfast, snack or dessert… 🙂
My husbands likes it dry, just straight up. He takes a little container of granola to work to munch on.
What’s your favorite way to have granola?
Eat Well, Spend Wisely!
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1½ cup nuts (I used 1 cup roughly chopped whole raw almonds and ½ cup sliced almonds)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup sesame seeds (or quinoa, or millet)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- ⅓ cup coconut oil; melted
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients, with your hands, in a big mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg whites, add pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil mixed with honey or maple syrup and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and mix well with a big spoon.
- Transfer granola mixture to a large baking sheet (sprayed) and bake for 45 min, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Take granola out of oven and mix in cranberries.
- Cool and transfer to an air tight container for storage.