Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread makes a nice addition to a morning Pumpkin Spice Latte, or a late night snack.
You pick! 🙂
I love Fall and all things PUMPKIN! 🙂 Anytime. Anywhere.
You don’t need to be a Master Chef or have a lot of experience in gluten-free baking to make this decadent Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread!
Yes, generally, gluten-free baking is very finicky, but this recipe is so simple and so forgiving that you simply cannot mess it up! It’s literally combining wet ingredients with some dry ingredients and then baking it. That’s all!
I usually split the dough into 2 ceramic 3×6 loaf pans instead of one big pan.
Why? To make everybody happy. The kids like it plain and my husband and I like to be surprised with something like: pumpkin seeds, raisins, walnuts or lemon glaze.
Speaking about lemon glaze…
Lemon glaze is made with a little bit of lemon juice mixed in with A LOT of confectioner’s sugar.
It’s sweet! Very sweet!
As a result, the lemon glaze makes the Pumpkin Bread a desert, not bread! 🙂
Pumpkin Spice Latte and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread with Lemon Glaze … Did you get the picture??? YUM!
Don’t you think that splitting the dough in half and placing it in two smaller pans as opposed to one big pan, makes sense? Variety is good!
The house smells heavenly!
But then, I love having it on a plate even more! 🙂
So simple, yet so comforting!
Is Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread calling your name yet?
As Always, Eat Well, Spend Wisely!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil; melted
- 1 cup lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup brown rice flour (or millet flour)
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch or potato starch (NOT potato FLOUR!)
- 1 tsp powdered psyllium husk (or rice bran)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 6x3 inch loaf pans (OR one 10 x 5.5).
- Combine and mix all wet ingredients in a mixer bowl.
- Whisk dry ingredients by hand in another bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients slowly, while running a mixer on low. Mix well until all ingredients are combined, but DON'T over mix it!
- Transfer mixture onto greased loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350F, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- You can mix in and/or top bread with some pumpkin seeds, walnuts or raisins (about 1/2 cup).