My neighbors are getting Gluten-Free Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake for Christmas this year, instead of traditional Christmas cookies!
This Gluten-Free Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake is so delicious, so easy to make and so festive that I simply cannot resist sharing this goodness and spreading some joy…
Like I said, it is a very easy cake to make, even though it is gluten-free!
With the help of my old friend, the Kitchen Aid, that my husband bought while he was still in College (don’t ask), I quickly make batter with orange zest and let it rest for 15 minutes. (That zest sets the tone for the whole cake!)
Next, I fold fresh cranberries into the batter and transfer into a greased bundt cake pan.
I bake this gorgeous Gluten-Free Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake for almost an hour at 350ºF.
I allow the cake to cool down in the pan before flipping it over onto a cooling rack.
Then, I wait until the cake is completely cold before drizzling it with glaze, orange glaze.
I suppose, I could just cover the cake with the orange glaze, but I like to 1/play with the glaze and 2/I think the drizzle just looks… interesting.
I also like to add a touch of orange zest over the glaze to accentuate the flavor of the cake.
This Gluten-Free Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake is divine with a cup of tea!
It also makes a wonderful addition to a hearty breakfast!
I had it with one of my favorites – Brussels Sprouts & Sweet Potato Hash with Bacon. Let me tell you – I was a happy girl all day long after this breakfast!
I keep my cake under a glass dome on the counter for up to 2 days. It also can be wrapped in foil and refrigerated.
I can only hope I will bring a smile on my neighbors face with this beautiful Gluten-Free Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake…
HOPE – we all need it!
But in the meantime, Eat Well & Spend Wisely!
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter; softened
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 orange (just zest)
- 1 cup Gluten-Free flour (recipe below)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries; rinsed
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 drop orange essential oil (optional)
- In Kitchen Aid's bowl, cream butter with sugar and salt.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Mix well.
- Add yogurt and orange zest.
- With mixer running on low, slowly add flour, baking powder and xanthan gum and mix until combined. Scrape sides and re-mix.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 15 minutes to allow the gluten-free flour to hydrate.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a bundt cake pan.
- Fold cranberries into the cake batter.
- Transfer batter into the prepared bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes at 350F or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Take cake out of oven, place it on a wire rack and wait about 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around edges of cake to loosen.
- Turn the cake over onto a cooling rack and allow to cool.
- To make glaze: whisk sugar and orange juice until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake.
- I keep my cake under a glass dome on the counter for up to 2 days. It also can be wrapped in foil and refrigerated.