Gluten-Free Chocolate Mint Crinkles – one of my favorite and easiest to make cookies for Christmas!
I mean, seriously! All I have to do is gather some dry ingredients, melt butter and mix that with eggs!
Simple as 1,2,3!
My daughter loves helping me with rolling the dough balls!
I slightly press down the dough balls to achieve flatter Gluten-Free Chocolate Mint Crinkles.
My daughter was in charge of the above batch. You may have noticed the excess of powdered sugar… 🙂
Don’t they look beautiful?
As beautiful as they look, they are scrumptious too!
My son loves the combination of chocolate and mint!
Warning! Gluten-Free Chocolate Mint Crinkles are very addictive! You simply CAN’T have just 1!
As Always, Eat Well, Spend Wisely!
- 1½ cups gluten-free flour ( I used my homemade blend; recipe below)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 11 Tbsp (1 stick + 3 Tbsp) melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- powdered sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk all dry ingredients in a Kitchen Aid's bowl with a paddle attachment.
- Add eggs, melted butter, vanilla and peppermint oil.
- Mix in chocolate chips
- Using a mini ice cream scoop, measure out dough and roll balls by hand.
- Roll dough balls in powdered sugar and place on parchment paper or silicone mat lined baking sheet.
- When done with dough, press each ball down to 1/4 in thickness (I used a flat bottom measuring cup)
- Bake 10 - 15 minutes.