I’ve had a pretty successful summer in the baking department!
I came up with Almond Flour Gluten Free Cake with Strawberries.
Shortly after, I transformed it to Almond Flour Gluten Free Chocolate Cake with Strawberries.
Then, I applied the same idea and made the very beautiful Gluten Free Very Berry ANGEL CAKE ROLL!
I also learned how to make Gluten Free Biscuits! Phew! 🙂
Now, I would like to share Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Almond Butter Frosting that I made based on a recipe for Almond Flour Gluten Free Chocolate Cake with Strawberries.
It seems like Almond flour not only is gluten free and makes a healthier option to any other flour, but simply is a solution to the vey finicky gluten free baking! 🙂
All the above mentioned cakes, as well as the Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Almond Butter Frosting are unbelievably moist! You can’t tell they are gluten free for sure…
I made the frosting catering to my son that is allergic to many nuts, but not almonds. He loves almond butter, so I simply added some to my well tried cream cheese frosting!
Before frosting the cupcakes, I inserted some strawberry ice cream topping in the middle of the cupcakes. I did that while the cupcakes were still warm so the topping was absorbed by the cake inside.
I frosted the cupcakes with the help of a piping bag and a wide tip.
Aren’t they inviting?
As you can see above, the strawberry ice cream topping is present in the center, but absorbed by the cake, which made the whole experience even more delicious!
The cupcake was moist and not too sweet. The sweetness in the almond butter icing was also perfectly balanced. You could taste the cream cheese intertwined with almond butter.
The one word I would describe these Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Almond Butter Frosting?
Yes, but I don’t even feel guilty! 🙂
As Always, Eat Well, Spend Wisely!
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup almond flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup cocoa, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 oz (1/2 block) cream cheese; softened
- 4 T (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white confectioners' sugar
- 1 T almond butter
- almond flavor (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place 16 cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
- Using a mixer, beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar.
- Mix in sugar when soft peaks start to form.
- Add egg yolks and yogurt.
- Mix in flour sifted with cocoa and baking powder.
- Using a 1/4 cup ice cream scoop, fill each cupcake liner with batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350ºF or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Transfer onto a cooling rack.
- Using a flat beater (paddle), beat cream cheese until smooth. Add butter, then mix in powdered sugar and almond butter. Scape and remix.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Top with sliced almonds and shaved chocolate.
- I also insert either strawberry or raspberry ice cream topping inside the cupcakes, after they are baked.