This Almond Flour Cake with Strawberries is SO crazy delicious that you just can’t take my word for it! You MUST try it! Like… Now! I promise, you won’t regret it!
How did I come up with this recipe?
You see, I have been baking since I was a little girl. In Poland.
The MOST popular cake I baked was just an ordinary yellow, spongy cake called BISZKOPT. It was such a versatile cake. It made a nice structure for a layered, birthday cake, but it was also awesome with any type of fruit.
Now, that I can’t have gluten, I simply use almond flour in place of regular cake flour while making my favorite childhood cake.
Here is a visual of what is needed to make this scrumptious Almond Flour Gluten Free CAKE with STRAWBERRIES:
Almond Flour Gluten Free CAKE with STRAWBERRIES is very airy and moist thanks to whipping the egg whites first, until soft peeks form, and then gently incorporating the rest of the ingredients.
I like any fruit as topping, but strawberries are extra special. Sliced almonds add an extra crunch and make the cake look nice!
Doesn’t that look inviting? But, it needs to be baked first!
Here it is: Almond Flour Gluten Free CAKE with STRAWBERRIES, after baking!
Before you take it out of the pan, just wait about 10 minutes! Then, pick up the sides of the parchment paper and transfer onto a cooling rack.
I know, it’s tempting to cut into it before it cools down! I know I can’t wait… Go ahead, dig in, but don’t put powdered sugar on the cake while it’s hot! Do it later, when the cake is cold. Otherwise, the powdered sugar will make your cake wet!
I had several people try this Almond Flour Gluten Free CAKE with STRAWBERRIES and every single soul could not get enough of it!
Almond Flour Gluten Free CAKE with STRAWBERRIES is:
I know, you can’t wait to run to the kitchen and try this simple, yet incredibly, surprisingly delicious Almond Flour Gluten Free CAKE with STRAWBERRIES…
Good luck and enjoy!
As Always, Eat Well, Spend Wisely!
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup almond flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 7 large strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar.
- Mix in sugar when soft peaks start to form.
- Add egg yolks.
- Mix in flour and baking powder.
- Transfer cake batter into an earlier prepared baking pan.
- Arrange strawberries on top of cake batter.
- Top with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350ºF or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of cake comes out clean.
- Let it cool down for 10 minutes in the pan, then pick up the sides of parchment paper and transfer cake onto a cooling rack.