It’s finally chilly enough for Chili! 🤗 My 3-Bean Crazy Simple Chili that is!
My 3-Bean Crazy Simple Chili can be done on a stovetop, or in a Crock Pot, depending on preference or available time.
I love to make it in a Dutch Oven.
Crock Pot is ok too, but there is something comforting about stirring a big pot of Chili, simmering away and let the whole house smell like Chili.
Simple is in the name of my 3-Bean Crazy Simple Chili and I truly mean it!
There are thousands of different variations for Chili out there.
I keep it simple, as I believe, when it comes to Chili, the simpler it is, the better.
I start off with browning beef, which I always get grass-fed from a local farm. Although, it is lean, I still drain it.
In the same Dutch oven, I sauté onions and garlic with a bit of olive oil. Then, add both, sweet and jalapeño peppers.
The rest is just a matter of gathering ingredients together. Literally.
I start off with tomatoes, but the order does not really matter, as long as you gather all needed ingredients.
The key to a successful pot of Chili is TIME! That is why Crock Pot is a preferred method of many.
I like to simmer away my 3-Bean Crazy Simple Chili for at least 2 hours, stirring frequently.
My kids like their Chili with corn chips and cheese.
My husband goes for sour cream and lime.
I go either way. Corn chips are good. Cheese is good. Lime is good.
But, there is something special about Chili served with avocado!
When I have time, I make my awesome Gluten Free Cornbread, which makes the Chili extra special, but that does not happen often…
As Always, Eat Well, Spend Wisely!
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.5oz) chili beans
- 1 (15.5oz) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14.5oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar (yes, sugar!)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Brown beef and drain.
- In the same Dutch oven, sauté onions and garlic with olive oil.
- Add both peppers and continue to sauté.
- Add tomatoes and the rest of ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for at least 2 hours, stirring frequently.
- Serve hot with sour cream, chives, cheese, avocado, lime, corn chips, cornbread; over FF, baked potato or a hot dog.
- If using Crock Pot - brown beef on stovetop, drain and then add to Crock Pot!